Community
LodeStar curates a variety of content through our Lending Lenders
podcast, Reports newsletter, and Deeper Thoughts blog.

Lending Leaders

Industry Update with Jim Paolino

For this week’s episode of the LodeStar Lending Leaders podcast, Jim and Alayna to talk, Spring market, market cycles in the mortgage industry, and the perennial fear: recession.

VIEW POST

Loan Estimate Challenges

New Hampshire’s Biggest LE Challenges

Well-known for its feisty state motto, “Live Free or Die,” New Hampshire’s closing fee requirements are unsurprisingly straightforward. 

VIEW POST

A Tale of Two Mortgages

“Benchmark”

Horace seeks to quantify and celebrate his refusal to grow.

VIEW POST

Deeper Thoughts

What Is Hybrid Automation?

Babar and I had a lot of fun digging into what the word “automation” really means. And I love his definition: “If you left the office and turned off the lights, everything should keep working as-is.”

VIEW POST

Lending Leaders

The Importance of (Re)Branding

For this week’s episode of the LodeStar Lending Leaders Podcast, Alayna talks with Robert Palmer, Marketing Manager at Byte Software, to discuss the importance of branding, rebranding, and core marketing principles.

VIEW POST

A Tale of Two Mortgages

“Challenge Accepted”

Octavia can’t stand when the other loan officers refuse to implement time-saving automations.

VIEW POST

Deeper Thoughts

A Few Thoughts on Chat GPT

Think about how Chat GPT-like technology could help us in the mortgage industry, especially with one of my favorite targets, the borrower experience.

VIEW POST

Lending Leaders

What is Hybrid Automation?

For this week’s episode of LLL, Jim sits down with Babar Chaudhary, Founder of Mortgage Automation, to talk about one of the mortgage industry’s most overused buzzwords: automation.

VIEW POST

Loan Estimate Challenges

Maine’s Biggest LE Challenges

One of the most straight-forward of states when it comes to LE and closing cost complexities, Maine assesses recording fees statewide, on a scale determined by the size (length in page count) of each security instrument (mortgage), conveyance instrument (deed), or other recordable sent to the county for recordation.

VIEW POST